- A recently mopped bathroom floor will soon be peed on. (Same principle applies to washed bedsheets)
- An obscure worksheet thrown in the trash without being "hidden" will be found by the author, who will give you an accusing and pitiful look. Now you can throw nothing away.
- If a rug is shook out, someone will come in the door who was just in the hayloft.
- Vacuuming is an invitation for 1 or 10 saltine crackers to be smashed in the carpet.
- If three children just washed their hair, one of them will quickly wipe butter on their head.
- When you ask a five year old boy to change his underwear, he will look at you like you have grown a second head.
Here are my sweet little mess makers. Sam and Cora love to fill Eli's bed with stuffed animals (of which we have more than a few) and then they all cover each other up and giggle. I like it because they are all contained in one spot for a short while!
Thank you Lord for a comfy home for my family. Thank you for my children, who are healthy enough to be messy. Prepare my heart for the day when I no longer have small children to clean up after. Amen.