Monday, January 12, 2009

A Busy Weekend!

We spent most of the weekend in Indianapolis visiting family. We had a movie night and the kids got to swim in the hotel pool with Papaw. Well, Cora didn't actually swim, but she got her feet wet at least.


The highlight for us was eating at Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant. The food was different as we expected. We had beef, chicken, and lamb dishes (I was so interested in the food that I forgot to take pics). I was hoping I would like injera, the Ethiopian bread, but I guess it is an acquired taste, which I don't have yet! The best part though was the gentleman who was managing it that night, who is brother to the owner. He was VERY nice. He went out of his way to be nice to our kids, who spilled three glasses water! He also told us that Eli's Ethiopian name means "miracle". He told us that maybe he will be a miracle to our family, and he also said that we will be blessed. I know that we are the blessed ones, and I have no doubt that Eli is a little miracle. It was so awesome to meet a real live person from Ethiopia, and then for him to be so nice was even better. I am looking so forward to our trip, but I will definitely be bringing some "comfort" foods along!


After we got home we set up the kids "new" bunk beds in their new room. The beds have actually been around for quite a while. My mom and her sisters used them first. Then my brothers and me and some cousins. I have spent quite a bit of time the last three months stripping, sanding, staining, and sealing them. It is so fun to see the finished product. The kids slept in them Sunday night, Sam on top, Cora on bottom. They are very excited, and I have to put the ladder away most of the time or they would go up and down constantly.


Now the empty room will be a nursery again soon, and it is so exciting to refer to it as Eli's room. I can't wait to decorate and find out what size clothes to hang up!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love that his name means miracle. What a special gift for the Lord in the middle of this adventure!


love you guys.

Tisha Alexander said...

It is so nice to know that there is another family in Indiana using AGCI! There is another Ethiopian restaurant on the west side and it also was a great experience!