Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Forgiveness

Today has been “one of those days”, at least so far. I mailed a package for Eli, which contained a blanket we’ve been sleeping with for weeks and a photo album of our family. I can’t describe how sending it made me feel, but it wasn’t good. I guess it just reminded me of how little he knows us and we know him

So I’m a little down today, but Sam and Cora don’t know to take it easy on mom. So first, Cora squirted lots of lotion on the carpet. Sam tore a page in his library book minutes after checking it out. They fought loudly, which is surprisingly unusual, while I was on the phone (isn’t that embarrassing, especially when the other person asks who else is at your house). Then Sam put his remote control car on Cora’s head and let ‘er go, wrapping lots of blond curls around one wheel. That was the final straw: I yelled, both cried. I told Sam I would probably have to break his car to get the hair out, and he said, “I don’t like my mom because she breaks my car.” (And of course he added, “I’m telling Grandma!”)

Well, I got the hair out, car in tact, Cora a little sore. Then I declared nap time for all, which is rare. So I lay with Sam in his bed and after a few moments of silence he asked me to forgive him. Of course I did and told him he should also ask Cora. He asked her, and her reply was “Jesus”. I doubt she knew what Sam had asked, but I think the Holy Spirit gave her answer for me.

They both fell asleep, Sam with his arms around my neck. I was no longer tired as I thought about Jesus’ forgiveness in my life, over and over and over again. I was not a very good mother today, but He forgives me, and I will try harder this evening to extend His forgiveness and grace to my children.

3 comments:

Guatmama said...

Oh Kristi, we have all had those days. It is how we end them that counts...

Lauren said...

I appreciate your honesty---

and you can discern the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to your heart. That makes you a good mom.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

God knows what is going on and trust me I have had those days! Many of them with the three boys! Every day seems like a constant fight but at the end of the day you still thank the good Lord for the blessings he has sent!

Love in Christ
Jennifer