Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hannah's Hope Shower

Monday night we had a shower for Hannah’s Hope Ethiopia, Eli’s current home. It was such a blessing to us to share our love for Ethiopia and Eli’s caretakers. We watched a short video of the founding of the home, and it makes me cry every time. You can watch if from AGCI’s website, right here.

We had a cake with the ET flag on it, and matching balloons and napkins. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures, which I should have done for Eli’s scrapbook. We did receive nearly enough donations to fill our bags though, with diapers being the bulk of it. We are so thankful to all who donated.

When we got home from the shower I read this post on our agency’s list serve from a woman who has adopted from Guatemala:

I just returned from Ethiopia yesterday. My husband and I were there on a mission trip (I am a pediatrician). While we were there, I was able to meet with Almaz at Hannah's Hope.


A special note to those with waiting children: While we were at Hannah's Hope, we saw as many babies and children as I could...giving them love, hugs, kisses and smiles. You will be so happy to know that of the many orphanages we visited, Hannah's Hope was by far the best!!!!!!!!! The place was bright & happy, the babies and children were outside playing in the sunshine, special moms were everywhere giving GREAT care, and Almaz was amazing. All that to say "Your little ones are in GREAT hands while you wait to bring them home!!"





“Holy smokes Batman, Eli’s court date is in 5 days!!!”

2 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

I can't believe your court date is in 5 days... how exciting!!!!!!

I am planning on going to the homeschool convention this year. This will be my first year going. Have you gone before? If you guys are able to make it, I would LOVE to meet up with you!!

Lauren said...

Hey girl--I had a meeting Monday night and was unable to go to the shower. i will have some things for you though. When do you need them by?