Monday, April 27, 2009

Whole Milk

Two posts in one day...can our life be that exciting? Not really, but someone else had excitement today.

We want to congratulate Tisha and her family on receiving a referral today for TWIN girls. Tisha and her husband home school their 3 boys in the Indy area, and God led them to adopt siblings from Ethiopia through the same agency we used. Today they got to see their two year old girls' faces for the first time! How awesome is that!?

On the home front, I was having one of those "down" days. One of those days where I had to remind myself constantly that these children are BLESSINGS from God. All you moms know the feeling. As usual though, Sam kept me laughing. Its hard to be serious around that little guy.

We always buy whole milk, which Sam refers to as red because of the cap. Someone recently gave us a gallon of 2%, which Sam refers to as blue. He must have overheard our conversation about types of milk because after downing a cup of blue milk he said, "Mom this is my favorite now. It doesn't have ANY holes in it."

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord. Psalm 127:3

Thank you Lord for the joy our children bring to us. Thank you also for Tisha's family opening their hearts to your children in Ethiopia. We ask that you prepare the family and the children's hearts for each other. Amen.

2 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

Sam is too funny! That is adorable.

Thanks for the congrats Kristi. As you know it is an amazing feeling and I just can't stop looking at their sweet faces!

Can you send me your email address please? I don't think I have it.
tishaalexander@gmail.com

Kelly K. said...

Hi Kristi...praying for you today! Your three children are adorable and I love the DQ story:) Sorry about the gas cap! Thinking of you!