Friday, May 29, 2009

Fruit Salad Recipe

This fruit salad makes a great side dish, dessert, or covered dish for pitch ins. I often get asked the recipe, so I thought I'd share on here.


Fruit Medley


1 can peach pie filling
1 can Mandarin oranges
1 can crushed pineapple
1 jar marchino cherries
1 firm banana
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Mix together first 4 ingredients; chill. Add banana and pecans before serving.


I've been thinking a bit about seasoning, my life that it. I want my words to be seasoned with Jesus. My actions to have a least a hint of Him. How can I do this? Spend time in prayer talking to Him, read my Bible more, think about Him before I speak or act. I am finding that the true test of my character is what my children think/say about me because they are with me all the time. Lord, help me to be a good example to my children of a life lived for You.


Josh taught Sam and Cora how to suck the honey out of a honeysuckle bloom, and now Sam thinks there is a snack waiting along every fence row. Here he is getting a lick in.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love that passage about our words being seasoned with salt.

That's what I want too.

Papaw said...

Throw in another dash. You can't spoil your life by adding in too much Jesus seasoning!

The Hull's at #4 said...

Your children are so blessed to have a Godly mom!