Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sam's camping trip

Josh and Sam are camping tonight at Glendale, a state fish and wildlife area close to home. They spent the whole day there, and we went this evening for hot dogs and smores, then left them to enjoy the tent.


Sam's thoughts on camping, written by mom (I CAN read his mind):


  • I can ride my bike so fast on Glendale's nice flat roads, but Dad seems to be having trouble...looks like his bike seat is too small?!
  • I have been playing in the mud all day, and dad doesn't care!
  • The fish hatchery is cool, especially seeing a snake in the water.
  • Hiking in the woods wore me out!
  • I like seeing people cut up their fish, but I like touching the fish even more.
  • I can't believe they let me eat as many smores as I wanted.
  • Playing in the fire has to be one of the funnest things in the whole world!
  • I have the BEST dad. Thanks Daddy for taking me camping. I want to be just like you when I grow up.

No comments: