Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sam's theology

Sam has started asking deeper questions about many of the Bible stories he already knows. He has also recently moved up a class in Sunday School, and they are learning more Biblical truths. The other night, as he was procrastinating going to bed, we were talking about his Sunday School lesson. He talked about Adam and Eve eating the fruit. I told him that the snake was really Satan, which he also recently learned about. I said that satan doesn't like God and didn't want Adam and Eve to listen to God, and he doesn't want us to listen to God either so he tricks us. He asked if Satan was here, in our house. I didn't know what to say, so I said I hope not and we can pray that He stays away. Sam said very flatly, "Well, I'll get my pistol."

Maybe he's heard Pastor Jim's saying about being excited enough to charge Hell with a water pistol....

Later in the conversation we talked about heaven, and how every time in the Bible someone saw God in heaven they bowed down because God is so great. Sam said, "Mom, I might forget to bow down because I'm just a little kid. If me and you die at the same time, you have to remind me to bow down okay?"

It is amazing how much better I understand God's Word when I explain it to the kids, but also see it through their eyes. And what an awesome and humbling experience to get to teach my children about the Lord.

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

What a privilege it is to have children that teach us sooo much about God!!!

Troy said...

wow.

smart boy.

remind me next time we meet up to listen to and hang out with Sam more.