Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Glow-in-the-Dark

Sam and Cora got glow in the dark planets and stars for Christmas. We finally got around to hanging them up last night. They couldn't wait to go to bed and see them glow. Unfortunately, Cora also got a beloved Dora night light for Christmas, which she loves to turn on each night. After about 3 seconds of dark and admiring the stars, Cora wanted her night light. So we turned it on...no more stars. Sam was not having this! So began the STAR WARS, Ausbrook's style. The first night we ended up settling with leaving the door open just enough to still see the stars but not too dark. Tonight, I laid with Cora until she fell asleep. Tomorrow night, who knows? Like Josh said, we never thought of this!!! Is anything easy with children? NO! But we love them anyway:)

We are excited to usher in 2010. Josh and I both have some resolutions. Nothing I would post, as they probably won't happen, but I do love fresh beginnings. 2009 was HARD. Our emotions ran high waiting to bring Eli home in March. The months after he got home were a blur. The final 6 months of 09 were just difficult. Eli is tricky baby. He has specific likes and dislikes and loudly lets us know them. He also has extreme separation anxiety, even when mommy needs to go to the bathroom (even if its to eat chocolate). Homeschooling is fun, but also added extra stress as we find a routine.

So, here comes 2010. Pastor told us Sunday that the pattern of days, months, and seasons are God's way of reminding us that time is passing quickly. And it is! Difficult or not, I thank God for these days home with my little ones. Sam has learned so much and seems so grown up now. And as I laid with Cora tonight I remembered a year ago, when she first slept in a twin bed I could lay with her and not know she was there. Tonight, she was taking up over half the bed! My little girl will not always be:( And Eli, we used to tease about him never smiling (just his personality) but today I noticed he was all smiles as we were playing together. What a year it has been!

Lord, please let our family shine for You this year. Amen

No comments: