Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sam's got wheels

Sam has learned to ride his bike without training wheels this past week!!!! Its one of those things I thought, “How will we know how to teach him to ride a bike?” Well, he’s a 5 year old kid and seems to know exactly what to do. He prefers to wear helmet and knee pads, which is a good thing since he is good at riding but not so good at stopping. He hasn’t cried after any crashes yet…

We’ve had beautiful weather, so he wanted to ride first thing every morning. It was good incentive to get moving on school work so he could get out faster!

I haven’t gotten a picture of him yet because he’s too fast! Our road is hilly, but he can go from our house down two middle size hills before he reaches a hard hill to go up. So Cora and I have been running a shuttle service, or more like a bike lift. He goes all the way down, then we pick him up in the gator, haul him and bike back to the top and there he goes again. I warned him that this could not become a habit! I guess Josh or I need to get a bike to go with him now!

1 comment:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

I love how I panic sometimes thinking the same thing.....how do you teach them to......and then they just do it! :)