Friday, February 27, 2009

This and That

We are busy in the Ausbrook's house, on purpose, so that the wait for Eli goes quickly.
Yesterday we had a "boys day". Sam is surrounded by girls...his neighbors, cousins, sister...so we invited a friend from church to come down to the farm for some fun in the mud. We went to the hayloft, had sack races, played hide-and-seek in the machine shed, walked to the woods, and played in the creek. Somehow I got the muddiest...I think it was when the golf cart got stuck in the mud and I let the boys hit the gas while I pushed it out. We finished the day off by attending a Loogootee Lions basketball game, and they won, though mostly all we saw was popcorn, nachos, candy...!

Today we had dear friends come for a visit (2 girls and their mama...girls again!). Sara and I were bestest friends from junior high, and its so fun to see our kids play together. She's very crafty, and gave me a beautiful bead bracelet that has my 3 kids names on it. Thank you Sara, I love it!

Also this week, we got shots for our trip to ET. I still haven't packed much, I'm saving that for the last minute...I've always worked well under pressure, just ask my college roomie (Hey Missy!).

Also, I had to make an emergency trip to Blessings Book Store for a parenting book. Sam and I are having a battle of the wills right now, and he was winning so I needed new ammunition. I read on another blog a very wise thought...in all jobs you have to keep learning, parenting included. I selected "How to make your kids mind without losing yours", even though everything Karen Kingsbury was calling my name! Kevin Leman, the author, has a great take on discipline, and I feel better equipped already (alright, I'm only on the introduction...but he's that good and very Biblical). I love his quote on the back of the book "We've seen the enemy, and they are small".

We have had email contact with all the families traveling to Ethiopia with us...there are 10 altogether. 7 are on our flight. We are from all over the US, California to Maryland, Nebraska to Georgia. I've also printed off pictures and names of 7 little babies who are at Hannah's Hope and have parents anxiously awaiting a little news.

Please continue to pray for us as it becomes more of a reality that we are leaving Sam and Cora for a week to go to AFRICA, and that there is going to be another baby in this house. God's plan is so perfect, and we trust Him completely. I guess we have nervous excitement...7 more days til liftoff!!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to pray you through your trip.


and thanks for the plug.

Tisha Alexander said...

I can't believe you leave next week!! Enjoy!
The Dr. Leman book that you are reading is one of my favorites! Also, have you read Bringing Up Boys by Dobson? It is pretty good too.
Have fun packing...

Renee said...

Wow next week...its getting sooooo close for you. I hope you get to see all 7 of those precious babies. Mine included. We havent heard anything since autumn traveled. We are a month and 3 days from our court date and totally ready to just go and get our little one. Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see pics of your little T with his forever family. I think i'll start packin the minute I know i'm traveling if not i might forget something.

Anonymous said...

One thing for sure you know that you don't have to "worry" about Sam & Cora! We won't spoil them rotten. We won't eat to much junk, chew to much gum, watch TV cartoons 24/7, have pillow fights, buy them everything at WalMart and we'll try and be in bed by at least midnight! Have a good trip and bring us our new grandson (so he can start doing all the previous with Papaw and Nana!)