Monday, February 9, 2009

Waiting for news

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Well, our court date was today in Ethiopia, and is likely over by now considering the 7 hour time difference. I was up in the night praying, and our church joined us in prayer at service last night. If the judge approved our case, we will travel in March, if not some changes will have to be made for a new court date. We may find out the results today, we may find out next Monday...never know! I feel so much better just knowing it is done.

Uncle David got 6000 new baby turkeys last week. The kids love playing with them. The first week is a lot of manuel labor, and Sam likes to "help". I'm sure David can't wait until Sam is old enough to really help, or course by then he probably won't want to. I always enjoyed it though. In winter it sure is the warmest place on the farm!

Saturday Sam left with Nana and Papaw (Josh's parents) for Virginia. Ralph works for the Marines, and travels often to Quantico, a MC base near DC. This is Sam's first week away from Mom and Dad. So far he's having a lot of fun. They've hiked at Shanandoah National Park and seen lots of deer and swam at the hotel pool.
Saturday night we enjoyed playing cards over at Meme's with David and Aunt Kathy.

It sure is quiet around here, and Cora is a little lost by herself. She does enjoy the extra attention though. We're trying to get some jobs done before our trip to Ethiopia and a new little one in the house.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Praying with you...


Strength will rise as you wait upon the Lord. Isaiah 40.

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

I prayed for you last night. Let me know when you hear something!

Sunday

Cissy Apple said...

Hi Kristi,

I found your blog via Leslie, then via Lauren's blog. When I saw these big eyes looking back, I knew immediately whose kid this was! He sure looks like his dad!

Congrats on the adoption! I bet you can't wait!

I sent Bret and DeeDee the link to your blog so they can keep an eye on you.

Helen B.

Karin said...

Anxious along with you to hear how the court date went. We will be praying for Eli here in Washington. Nice to have some people (out there in cyber space!) to share this journey with!
~Karin, waiting for Samuel

Kelly K. said...

Hi Kristi...so happy for you and your court date!!! Believe me, I know that feeling of...wow, are we really going to get to go get our child soon???? God is so good and His timing is ALWAYS perfect:) I've just organized our pics from HH and I've got your sweet baby Eli in our album! Can't wait to meet him in person. I'm praying for you as a mom who's been exactly where you are:)

The pics of your kids are precious! baby turkeys...how cool is that!

May you overflow with hope by the power of God's Holy Spirit as you wait!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering about your news all day. Hope to hear great things.

Praising Him in Texas,

Kim Hull