Thursday, March 5, 2009

Strawberry Land

Only two more days!!!
When we got out travel dates, we made a paper chain for each day, which at that time was 19, and numbered them. Today, we have only two links left!!! This was a great way for Sam to understand how much longer. I'm sure there have been times Sam thought Eli would never get here. He said in the car yesterday that he wants to kiss and hug Eli because he's never seen him before. Boy, is that a day I can't wait to see!

Tomorrow I am going to make a chart with Sam of each day we'll be gone and what we do that day. He can mark off the days as they go by. Of course, he may be too busy with Nana and Grandma to notice we are gone!

Sam made us laugh a bit last night. He and Cora were eating strawberries at the bar when I walked into the kitchen and eyed the strawberries. He said in a rather seductive voice, "Come on over to strawberryland."


At bedtime, Sam took off his shoes and socks and started picking toe jam (a long-time disgusting habit of his and his sister, not to mention that they like to do other people's toes as well). He was singing, "Picking my toe jam, picking my toe jam." Then he starting inspecting his hands and singing, "Picking my finger jam, picking my finger jam." This is a new one, and the question begs to be asked, when was the last time this kid washed his hands? I have no idea...poor Eli coming into this place of filth. Oh well, we're low on hygiene, but big on love.

Oh, and you should have seen the dirt I just picked out of Sam's old carseat to get it ready for Eli. Looked like three years of spilt Happy Meals!

And finally a Cora story for Sara, who watched the kids yesterday while I got ready for the trip. On the way home from church we were talking about all the fun things they did at Hannah and Addison's house. Cora says, "I eat playdough, but it nasty." Don't worry Sara, its part of her regular diet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love this part of life. You know that the next event coming will be a whole new part of our lives. I always know when one is coming. One door closes and another one is opening! I always have a good cry. I hope you have a wonderful time in Africa and maybe it's a good thing we can't go. For sure I would be crying my head off when you are presented with Eli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Papaw and I stocked up on Peeps!

Lauren said...

Cracking up.


Strawberryland, here I come!