Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Growing boy

August is right around the corner, which means kids will start school. We have long discussed homeschooling the kids, but now that the time is near I am nervous. It seems like an overwhelming responsibility. I recently downloaded the Indiana academic standards for Kindergarten and am reviewing them. I think I can handle it, and more importantly, I know Sam can handle it. Its just the idea that we will be officallially doing it that gets to me. Thankfully, I know that this is God's plan for us so He will see us through.


Two people have commented this week on how grown up Sam seems now. I have to agree, and I am glad that he is entering a new phase with less karate moves, but I am sad to see the preschool years ending. Here is one of my favorite pictures from vacation. It is Sam fishing by his Papaw. They only caught two fish that evening, but Sam did not give up. Sam's great-grandparents, Papaw, and Daddy used to visit this park. This time we had 4 generations together.

3 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Take courage...we felt the same way with homeschooling, but hang in there!!!!!! God will always give you what you need. Do you have a support group. We live in the middle of nowhere, but we have blog friends, and we belong to HSLDA which has a lot of ideas, and support too. Love that pic....they do grow up way tooo fast! One comment....remember school is about teaching what is most important and the rest will follow. Remember who you want your child to be- characteristics -not vocations. Just a tip I had to learn the hard way.

Erin said...

Good for you, I hope you all enjoy homeschooling. I think that's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

You know Nana & Papaw will help with the field trips! That is such a good picture.