Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Eli

Here is Eli one year ago:


WOW, Eli is 1 already. It's just not fair how fast a year goes when you start at 7 months! Eli's birthday was last week, and he really enjoyed all the attention. We started out the morning with me and the kids rushing into his room and singing Happy Birthday. He was all smiles and claps. Here he is first thing in the morning opening (actually Sam and Cora opening) his presents because Sam and Cora couldn't wait. He clapped for his new truck.


We had a family reunion the evening of his birthday, so there were lots of people to wish him happy birthday. Some brought balloons and gifts, so he was really happy. We had a cake and sang to him as well, while he clapped along. While everyone was singing to him, overwhelming sadness for one year ago and extreme happiness for now hit me all at once. I hadn't cried all day until then, when I was standing in front of all Josh's family holding him. I think if I had been at home, I could have balled for hours.


A few weeks ago, I would have said Eli was a very fussy baby. After discovering an ear infection and taking antibiotics, I say he is a...fun baby! What a difference a few weeks has made. Eli has been cracking us up with new tricks lately. And just today he took his first steps. He can take two steps and then fall, over and over. He knows exactly what he is doing, and I'm sure tomorrow he will practice many more times. It won't be long until he's running!
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of adoption and the gift of Eli. Help us to always remember he is Your child, and you have a special plan for his life. Amen.

3 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

He does look so happy. I am so glad that you guys found out it was his ears!! I sure missed you this weekend. Hopefully we can do it some time soon. He is adorable Kristi... I love his big eyes.

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! How cute!!

Anonymous said...

Little Eli is really a joy! I have been taking it slow with my Nana bonding, we'll get caught up when he is ready to turn mom loose! He's here and part of the family that's all that matters. (For NOW) Hugg hugg kiss kiss