Monday, October 12, 2009

Meat on the Table



Last weekend Josh shot a big doe with his bow and arrow here on the farm. He was only in the woods 30 minutes before this beauty came by! Sam wasn't home, but Cora couldn't wait to go see it, and Eli is always ready for a Gator ride in the woods. Cora said she was going to help daddy and get blood on her, but when she got up close to the deer she wasn't so sure.


I was not raised in a hunting family, probably because we had enough animals on the farm and didn't need to go looking for meat. Josh's family loves to hunt though, and it really is exciting when they all get together and plan for the season. I look forward to the kids learning this tradition as well as learning about forestry, wildlife, and conservation.


In other news...


  • We recently had a yard sale where I teared up to see my baby's clothes going out the door. I am happy to have empty totes and shelf space though.

  • At the homeschool group meeting last week, Sam had fun with his new friends while they learned about Indiana. And I REALLY enjoyed getting to know the other moms more.

  • Our chickens have a BAD habit of eating the eggs!!! Unless we pick them up early afternoon, they are gone.

  • We had a cook-out in honor of our niece, Braylynn, who was stillborn two years ago. This was her angelversary. It is amazing how her short life inside her mama changed our family. We value each other more, and cherish times spent together. We also know we have a very special little girl we don't get to meet until heaven. I took the kids to her grave where we talked about her, life, death, and heaven. I could see in Sam's eyes that heaven was becoming more real to him...another blessing from Braylynn.

  • We had a revival at church this weekend, and it was a blessings. I only got to hear one sermon (Eli is anti-nursery) and it was titled, "No mercy, No marriage". Sure got me to thinking, who better to minister to than my husband?

  • Speaking of the nursery, Eli does NOT like it. And I have to say that though I get tired of being in there, I really love all the little ones so its kinda fun. Also, a secret part of me LOVES that Eli wants us. He can be a demanding baby, but he's mine! Also, he has become quite the daddy's boy. Daddy is his favorite word and I hear it many times a day, especially if he sees anything belonging to Josh or a photo or if the kids say daddy or if the phone rings...you get the picture. As soon as Josh is home Eli is on him, and Josh loves it! What a difference a year can make. This time last year we were still on the waiting list.

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

WOW lots going on! How fun.

Miracle Define! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.