Friday, October 23, 2009

My apologies...


...to the chickens. As it turns out, Mr. Possum was the one who was breaking all those eggs. Josh saw him in the chicken house last Saturday night, Sam set the trap Sunday, and the following morning there he was. The bait? Egg of course. Now if only the fox in our neighborhood would stop eating the chickens, a much bigger problem. That fox had better watch his step...never know when a trap will be waiting for him.
BTW, possums always look cute in kids story books, but actually they are hideous. Cora just stared at it wide eyed as it hissed at us. I think it scared her because she wouldn't go in the chicken house for a few days.

5 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Our dog corned one here at the camp once....they are horrible when they hiss at you! Not nice!

Unto The Least of These said...

Kristi, glad you found your egg thief! HA! I just found a site on here that you've got to see, theyre on mine as one i'm folowing, called Maple Valley Farms, when you find them, start reading about in OCt. 08, it will take some time, but it's very interesting! Tell me if you find them! ~Jill~

Tisha Alexander said...

Wow, never a dull moment at your house! ;) I hope you guys are doing well...

Erin said...

I'm with Cora, possums are creepy little buggers!

Tamara B said...

I love your updates!

TB in rural Iowa