Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bone Collector

This spring Sam has taken to collecting bones he finds. Most come from an area on the farm that used to be a compost pile years ago (sorry to gross anyone out). He's also found some in the woods, and Uncle David has given him some too. Sam tries to figure out what animal they are from and piece them together.

Recently Sam went with his Nana to the cemetery to place new flowers on her father's grave. As she was explaining what they were doing a light went off in Sam's head, dim as it was.

Is he buried right here. Yes.
You mean his bones are under here? Yes.
With eager anticipation...
Can we did them up and take them home to my bone collection?

Thank goodness he was with Nana, who isn't appalled by such little boy thoughts. Now we can teach proper cemetery etiquette before stepping near one again.

Sam has been gone a few days now, and it sure is quiet around here. Cora and Eli are getting spoiled with lots of attention. Daisy is looting the bone collection.

2 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

Such a boy!!!!! I am sure he is having a great time with grandparents...

Carol said...

Kristy, Sam is gone and you have posted two days in a row. Am I making a connection here. hehe I laughed so hard I cried at the bone story. I could just see the wheels turning in his little head. I am so happy little Eli is bonding with you. He is so precious, and of course I can't leave out little Cora. What a doll. Love and appreciate you and Josh so much. You are a great wittness to me. Love ya, Carol