Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot summer days

Summer has come! It is hot, humid, and hay is ready. We swam in the farm pond yesterday, and it was neat to see how Sam and Cora have grown since last swimming season. They are braver...except Sam kept asking about snapping turtles. I just told him, yes they are in here and always have been.



Here is what happens when Eli gets a bucket of water. He sticks his head right down in it, regardless of depth. He loves water in his face. It is TOO FUNNY!



Cora and Eli and I walked in the hay field after some was cut. It smells so good! They liked going in the long hay, its taller than them. I remember doing that too, and it seemed like a jungle.



Two turkeys evaded the trucks Sunday night, so Sam and Uncle David butchered them. I cleaned up the meat last night, and Sam wanted me to cook it right then. Its in the freezer though, and will be very tasty! The birds weighed over 40 pounds, and the legs are huge!

2 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

Those pictures are so sweet!!!!!

I told you we are getting together on the 27th, but it is really the 26th... which is a Saturday!

Guatmama said...

Good to see you last night! The kids need to come over and swim in our concrete pond, I'll get out a bucket for Eli!