Monday, May 24, 2010

What's happening on the farm

Here are some highlights from the past week, without pictures because I can't seem to remember the camera. Just trust me, the kids are still cute!




  • Cousins Hayli and Michael were here for the weekend. Michael is right between Sam and Cora, so they all play great. We had fun splashing in the pond and roasting smore's over the campfire.

  • Cora's eye has healed so well, praise the Lord. All the stitches have come out. The doctor said we need to keep it out of the sun...don't think that's realistic. But we are remembering sunscreen and hats.

  • The kids have been busy catching lightning bugs and toads. Josh and Sam went frog gigging once, but no luck.

  • We had 3 inches of rain in 45 minutes Friday night, and our county road was under water. My grandma, who has lived here for over 50 years, has never seen it that bad. Thankfully it all went down quickly. Many people got water in their basements, but no bad damage done. Our poor chickens got a wet house, but we've cleaned it up for them.

  • Daisy spent the night at the vet, getting "fixed". The kids cried because we left her there. I think she may have been the stinkiest dog ever left at the vets office. Doc told us she would be slow for a few days, but he underestimated her puppy power. A few hours later, she went over the my moms and drug one of her shoes home. That's the 4th shoe to come across the neighborhood.

  • Uncle David got a new tractor, and it has a passenger seat! I think it should be called an Eli seat. If we put his car seat in there, he'd probably ride all day. David loaded out two turkey barns last night (this has never happened before). They worked from 8pm until 5 in the morning! Once he wakes up, he will be mowing hay around our house, and I will take Eli on a ride.

  • Ethiopia had elections over the weekend, and it sounds like it was chaotic. We're praying it all settles down. Reading about it reminded me to be thankful for our right to vote.

  • 13 years ago today Josh and I started dating! That should have been my first bullet point, huh? I was a sophomore in high school, he was a junior. Wow, how time flies. We were at a cookout, and amidst hot dogs, 4 wheeler rides, and hide and seek, God started the story of our family.

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Tisha Alexander said...

You guys always have a lot going on, but lots of FUN!

Hey, we are going to have a small AGCI picnic on June 27th here in Indy. Let me know if you are intersted in coming up and I can give you more details!!