Friday, August 14, 2009

Electric Bill

After reading an article in a magazine while sitting in a waiting room this week, I've been determined to lower our electric bill by a few simple steps.


This morning I washed and vacuumed behind the refrigerator and also vacuumed out the dryer lent vent. I had no idea how much stuff was accumulating down in my dryer, and its a wonder it still worked at all! I actually found a tooth brush down there...and I know I didn't wash and dry it, so little hands were guilty. Eli HATES the vacuum, so when I did these chores he cried big crocodile tears that quit as soon as I turned it off.


Also, I've been turning off the computer at night AND turning off the power strip, which I didn't know was helpful. We've raised our thermostat a bit and are using ceiling fans more when we are in a room.


Next on the list is changing the AC filter and defrosting the deep freeze. Every little bit helps! Now, how will we spend all this saved money? Did I mention that we had our first homeschool group meeting today, and that I went to the going-out-of-business teacher store? I'm so excited to get started...hopefully Sam is too!


We were able to go to the GREAT Indiana State Fair last weekend, and it was soooo great (and hot)! This was a last minute visit, and only lasted about 5 hours, but with 3 kids @ 92 degrees it was long enough. A nice 4-Her let Sam give her hog a treat, a rice cake! Josh and I showed hogs and cattle at the State Fair, and our hogs were never so spoiled! . Eli loved all the tractors, and each time one of the tractor/wagons went by he clapped. We hope our kids will love showing livestock like we did, then we will have lots more days at the state fair.

No comments: